This latest release delivers on the promise of:
- Maximum ROI with up to 3x faster applications on SPARC- and x86-based systems
- Improved time-to-deliver with advanced tools that benefit from the integrated relationship with the compilers
- Protection of application investment with the strongest compatibility in the industry
- 3x faster code on SPARC T4 than common open source compilers; 40% faster than Sun Studio 12
- 1.5x faster code on Intel x86 than common open source compilers; 20% faster than Sun Studio 12
- New Code Analyzer for more reliable applications; reports common coding & memory access errors faster than competitive alternatives
- Enhanced Performance Analyzer with system-wide performance analysis
- Remote access to Solaris Studio tools from local desktop (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Oracle Solaris)
- Streamlined Oracle DB application development
- 20% faster compile time
Freely available for production use on Oracle Solaris and Linux operating systems, you can download it from the Oracle Technology Network(OTN):
Check out screenshots of the GUI tools.
The IPS version is in its final stages and will be available soon.
See the What’s New in the Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 Release guide for complete details.